Is it common for carriers to have separate certification for Analog cockpits versus Glass (digital) cockpits?


Pilot type ratings are usually same for both versions (analog and digital cockpits) of the same aircraft as far as regulations are concerned. For transition to glass cockpit, you may have to take a Electronic Flight Instrumentation Course (or differences training course).

In some cases of transition (for example, EASA ATR 42/72 (glass cockpit, non ECL) to any other ATR 42/72 'classic'), a full type rating training course is required; however, the type rating is still the same.

For example, see the FAA and EASA type rating lists.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.