I'm from Croatia and I'm intersted in becoming a pilot, but however, I'm not going to the college deisgned for that (I'm studying IT, not aeronautics).
Nevertheless, I contacted Croatia Airlines and they told me that I needn't have an aeronautics college degree, but I do need these qualifications to apply for the First Officer (Co-pilot) position:
- hold a valid CPL (A)
- hold a valid multi-engine instrument rating (airplane) (ME-IR(A))
- successfuly completed a Multi Crew Coordination (MCC) Course
- hold a Category 1 Medical Certificate
- hold a valid Associate Degree
- hold at least English Proficiency Level 4
- hold a certificate of passed ATPL (A) theoretical knowledge examinations according FCL.515
- be minimum of 21 years of age
- total flight time:
- Ab-initio pilots: at least 250 hours total time, to include 100 hours as pilot-in-command of airplanes
- Pilots with valid type rating: a minimum of 500 hours on respective type
So, I have a few questions.
- Does someone know where I can get my licences for being an civil pilot in Croatia?
- About theoretical knowledge (physics, mathematics):
I know I have a lot of questions, but I would really like to become a pilot one day and I believe I am self-disciplined enough to learn on my own. Can someone show me the way?