This question already has an answer here:

enter image description here
I have never noticed these on any boeing planes before, so why are these on airbus a320 series and not on the boeing 737 and also what are they for?


marked as duplicate by aeroalias, fooot, Pondlife, voretaq7 Sep 16 '15 at 1:54

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • 3
    $\begingroup$ They are static dischargers. See aviation.stackexchange.com/questions/2720/… $\endgroup$ – aeroalias Sep 16 '15 at 0:41
  • 1
    $\begingroup$ This meta question explains how to upload screenshots, it should help you $\endgroup$ – Pondlife Sep 16 '15 at 1:18
  • $\begingroup$ I think the more interesting thing you got a good picture of in that shot is the nice yellow anchor point for use in over-wing evacuations (see here) $\endgroup$ – voretaq7 Sep 16 '15 at 1:57

It is difficult to tell by the picture, but they look like static wicks. See this question.

  • $\begingroup$ Those are static wicks to dissipate electrical charge which can build up doe to atmospheric friction on he airframe. $\endgroup$ – Carlo Felicione Jul 5 '16 at 16:32

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.