I really want to work in the aviation industry. Is there any way I can put my computer science degree to use in this industry.
I'm not sure if this question comes within the scope of this site the way it is phrased.
Anyway, Aviation industry is highly interdisciplinary and has a lot of scope for computer science engineers like,
- Design of aircraft subsystems
- Development of programs for design and analysis of aircraft components (CAD, CFD etc).
- Instrumentation and testing of aircraft systems
- Development of aircraft control systems (e.g fly by wire)
- Aircraft testing and telemetry.
- Aircraft maintenance, which is becoming software intensive.
- Software for Airborne (avionics) and Ground based systems (e.g. Air traffic Management).
- Development of aircraft display systems.
- Software for communication systems for UAVs.
This list is by no means exhaustive. In most parts of aviation, there is a requirement for computer science engineers.