I am attending flight school for PPL at the moment at a flight school in Italy.

Next year I will study in Germany. It is possible that I will not have finished the PPL until then. Now theoretically the university is still very near at my home place (3 hours with the car), so I could somehow manage to finish my license.

However, would it theoretically be possible to continue my license in Germany at another flight school? I can speak Italian, German and English fluently, so language wouldn't be a problem.

  • 2
    $\begingroup$ I tagged it for EASA regulations since it is what applies within the EU $\endgroup$
    – Federico
    Jul 19, 2015 at 18:09
  • $\begingroup$ English requires proper nouns to be capitalized. :) $\endgroup$
    – Farhan
    Jul 20, 2015 at 13:55

1 Answer 1


Laws within the EU can vary, however I would assume it would be possible to carry on training in another country, however I am not sure.

The best way to know, would be to ask your flight school! :) They may know, and could contact the school you want to move to and work out a deal.

Best of luck

EDIT: In my country (Australia) it is possible to continue training overseas, even though we are not part of an EU style union.

EDIT 2: As I stated, if you currently undertake flight training, your instructor would know better than any online message board.


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .