We want use RC UAV to take some pictures of heritage forts (Gadh) around Pune. Do I need a special permission for that ? I have seen some one doing it before but just for to be sure I need to know. is there any official government website that can guide us ? I am so concerned because I want to do a research project.

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ I'm voting to close this question as off-topic because it is effectively seeking legal advice and StackExchange is not the right place to get this. $\endgroup$ – Simon Jan 31 '15 at 7:23
  • 3
    $\begingroup$ @Simon we already had similar question and they have not been closed. This is more about aviation-related regulations rather than "advice". $\endgroup$ – Federico Jan 31 '15 at 7:51
  • $\begingroup$ @Federico Which is why close needs multiple votes ;) $\endgroup$ – Simon Jan 31 '15 at 8:58
  • $\begingroup$ @Simon I know, I was just explaining, the same way you did ;) $\endgroup$ – Federico Jan 31 '15 at 10:10

A public notice issued by the DGCA in October reads: “DGCA is in the process of formulating the regulations [and globally harmonise those] for certification & operation for use of Unmanned aircraft systems [UAS] in the Indian Civil Airspace. Till such regulations are issued, no non-government agency, organisation, or an individual will launch a UAS in Indian Civil Airspace for any purpose whatsoever.”


“There are no regulatory guidelines concerning the sales and operation of such aircraft. So when a request is made for the use of drones we allow it on a ‘case-by-case’ basis. If we feel that they would not pose any security threat or cause any traffic snarls, we allow the request,” explained another senior police officer.

The Hindu, December 24 2014

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ Thanks RedGrittyBrick instead of complaining like others you found the right answer must appreciate your searching skills plus your attitude and understanding level. Thanks a lot. $\endgroup$ – Abhijit Gujar Jan 31 '15 at 17:09

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.