What are these 2 things doing under the F-16? Are they for aerodynamics?

enter image description here


  • $\begingroup$ Does this answer your question? $\endgroup$
    – sophit
    Commented May 16 at 6:41

1 Answer 1


Those are called Ventral Fins. They provide more vertical tail area (for yaw stability, etc) particularly when the aircraft is at high angle of attack.


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .