I'm a peruvian comercial pilot trying to get the FAA private license and also the instrument rating. My question as the tittle says; I'm confuse about which one I'm supposed to take.I've been looking at the FAR and also googleing but there is no solid answer about that. I know is related to the Bilateral Aviation Safety Agreement (BASA) and the countries involved. However I cannot find if my country is part of it(I'm from Peru). Could anyone know where can I find it or have the link so I could give it a look. Thank you.

  • $\begingroup$ What do you mean by "foreing"? Also, what is IFP and IFB? I can sort of get what you are asking in the body, but the title is very confusing. $\endgroup$ Dec 8, 2023 at 0:11
  • $\begingroup$ I meant foreign, this is what I have from FAA airman knowledge testing: NOTE: Effective 9/5/22, the new Instrument Rating Foreign Pilot via BASA (61.71) (IFB) test is available for administration; and the Instrument Rating Airplane Foreign Pilot (IFP) test has changed, in name only, to Instrument Rating Foreign Pilot via Non-BASA (61.75). $\endgroup$
    – Raul
    Dec 8, 2023 at 0:25
  • $\begingroup$ And my question is about this, the fact that I don't know which of the test I'm supposed to take because BASA supposed to be between the countries that have the agreement( I cant find a list of the countries that are part of it). And depending on that, the number of question will be different. $\endgroup$
    – Raul
    Dec 8, 2023 at 0:27


You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .